BioVision.Nxt 2013, application by Nov 15th
|Fecha:||Empieza el 24 Mar 2013
Finaliza el 26 Mar 2013
24-26 March, Lyon, France
Registration for BioVision.Nxt 2013 is Now Open
The World Life Sciences Forum, BioVision, invites 100 promising PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to attend the 3-day forum, BioVision.Nxt, which will be held on 24-26 March in Lyon, France.
The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS) will partially cover the travel expenses of 50 distinguished young scientists, to attend this high-profile event. Each of the TWAS Regional Offices will select 10 eligible young scientists, in the field of life sciences, from the region. The young scientists selected from the Arab Region will be partially sponsored by TWAS-Arab Regional Office (TWAS-ARO). Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
BioVision.Nxt aims to provide a unique opportunity for young scientists from developing countries to interact with some of the world's leading life scientists. It also aims at fostering dialogue on the impact of life sciences future developments on society in both the Western world and developing countries.
To be eligible for selection, a candidate must:
• Be under 35 years of age at the time of applying.
• Be a PhD student, a doctoral candidate, or a postdoctoral researcher in one of the life sciences related fields. (see list below)
• Be fluent in English.
• Be specialized in at least one of the following life sciences related-fields of study:
• Infectious Diseases
• Molecular Biology
• Genomics/System Biology
• Cell Therapy
• Medical Technology
• Non-communicable Diseases
• Food Security
The following documents are to be submitted on-line along with the completed application form:
• Document certifying the applicant's registration in a PhD or postdoctoral program, (PDF format).
• Reference letter from a senior scientist familiar with your current research work, (PDF format).
• Transcripts of the last two degrees obtained, (PDF format).
• Photocopy of the information page of passport/ID, (with picture, PDF format).
• Passport size photograph, (JPEG).
• Cover letter explaining your interest in the BioVision.Nxt program. Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating a strong commitment to one of the six BioVision focuses, (see BioVision Program <http://www.biovision.org/pages.php?id=34> ).
All applications should be submitted online through the BioVision website:
Please note that online applications will close on 15 November 2012.
For more information, please visit the BioVision.Nxt website: