ICRISAT Vacancy: Research Associate
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) seeks applications from Indian nationals for Research Associate, to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a position under a DBT-funded special project.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- To develop new mapping populations for grain iron and zinc contents, phenotyping (for grain Fe and Zn) and genotyping (using molecular markers including SNP, SSR and DArT), genetic mapping, QTL analysis, molecular breeding (including MAS);
- To contribute for writing project reports and research articles, and perform other related jobs time to time.
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis);
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- Ph.D/M. Sc in Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Agricultural or Plant Biotechnology.
- Experience in crop improvement, mapping populations development, trait phenotyping and genotyping using molecular markers, QTL analysis and knowledge indicated in responsibilities.
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
How to Apply:
The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 29 June 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer, and is especially interested in increasing participation of women on its staff.
For more information, visit the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics Website