Internship Opportunity at CTA – Information, Communication and Knowledge
CTA provides support to Agricultural and rural development activities across the Africa Caribbean and Pacific regions through supporting Information, Communication and Knowledge management initiatives. To better focus our interventions they are developing a capacity building project with a team of two.
This team works within the Knowledge Management and Communication Program to support and develop the CTA ICKM capacity strengthening activities with partners. The Intern will work under the guidance of the project Team Leader (acting as mentor) and in collaboration with the other Team Member.
Responsibilities of the Intern:
Under the guidance of his/her mentor, the Intern will carry out the following activities:
- Develop a content structure for the website supporting the project
- Carry out desk research
- Review the existing materials and structure on the site to best serve the user.
- Test online tools to determine the best way to engage partners in the project and encourage innovation.
- Survey and elicit feedback from existing users through interviews to assist in the development of project interventions
- Review existing guidance for content style and suitability for intended audiences
- Perform other tasks as requested by the mentor.
- Start date: From September 2012.
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once)
- Duty station: CTA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Accident and sickness insurance: provided for the duration of the internship
- International travel: not covered by CTA
- Stipend: 800€ (holder of a Bachelor’s degree) to 1,000€ (holder of a Master’s degree).
- University degree in information management KM or communication-related disciplines;
- Experience and keen interest in the area online User analysis;
- Aged between 22 and 29 maximum;
- Recently graduated;
- Fluent in written and spoken English or French and a working knowledge of the other language;
- Knowledge of google analytics and other web analysis packages welcome.
- Good organisation, inter-personal and communication skills;
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the ACP (Africa, Caribbean, and Pacific) States.
- Curriculum vitae
- Scanned copy of the university degree(s)
- One-page letter explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Deadline for application: Monday 23 July 2012
More information on this Link: Internship Opportunity at CTA – Information, Communication and Knowledge