Program Manager - Women in Agriculture, Tanzania
Land O’Lakes International Development is looking for a Program Manager.
The Program Manager should provide strategic vision, management and direction for an anticipated two-year, USAID-funded project that will facilitate a nationwide coalition for women in agriculture.
Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, the program manager will coordinate stakeholders, build the coalition, and manage activities that encourage changes in policy and support women involved in the agriculture and food industry.
- Solicit industry and research institutions for innovative ideas and marketing of productivity-enhancing technologies;
- Oversee the planning of events showcasing project successes;
- Collect data and conduct impact analysis;
- Represent the project, its goals and successes to multi-stakeholder platforms intended to advance policy dialogue around women’s advancement in agriculture; and
- Deliver training and campaigns to increase awareness about women’s successes and barriers to success in the agricultural industry.
- Provide leadership to the creative and strategic vision of the program and its activities;
- Build a stakeholder network for women in agriculture;
- Work in close collaboration with relevant Ministries of the Government of Tanzania, USAID, multi-lateral donor organizations, business associations, civil society organizations, and advocacy groups;
- Oversee funds for training, workshops, and grants to local NGOs;
- Supervise staff, including program coordinator, monitoring and evaluation specialist, and administrative support team;
- Manage program funding and resources. Oversee all financial, compliance, and technical reporting to relevant stakeholders including donor, beneficiaries and the headquarters team.
- Demonstrated experience in coalition building and leadership promoting gender equality in Tanzania;
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, international development, business, or a related field required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of program management and staff supervision experience;
- Minimum 10 years of work experience on agricultural, economic growth, or gender programs or activities in Tanzania. Experience with advocacy or lobbying is preferred;
- Tanzanian citizenship and/or authority to work in Tanzania is required.
If you are interested in this position, be in touch before the end of March 2012. Please send an email to Giselle Aris, Microenterprise Development and Gender Specialist.
Land O'Lakes Inc. International Development
4 Knightonwood Close, Mount Pleasant
[Giselle Aris: +263 779 600 764 / Land O'Lakes inc.: +263 04 304 756]