YPLD is searching for Heads of Department for its Management Team
The Young Professionals in Local Development (YPLD) network is envisaged as being a know-how transfer platform between young and experienced professionals in all fields of expertise that relate to international and local development.
YPLD is a network of professionals aged between 18 and 40 involved in both international and local development through the nature of their education and professional activity. Due to their worldwide partners (currently theyhave partners in the USA, Asia, Europe and Africa) and their current search for regional and country representatives allowed them to have a global reach for their actions.
YPLD is now seeking well motivated young professionals to join its Management Team as Heads of Departments in support of the Steering Committee in heading its Departments.
The Management Team is comprised of the following departments:
Its main objective is to attract, create, build and maintain partnerships with international institutions and organizations. Some tasks of this department include:
- Communicating with different types of organizations and institutions worldwide on behalf of YPLD in order to develop partnerships/sponsorships and/or to build coalition
- Offering professional assistance to organizations and match them through their own online database on a needs basis.
- Identifying opportunities of collaboration with other organizations and institutions
The Finance Department has the job to budget, track and report all YPLD revenues and expenses, as well as supervise the finances of Regional Representations. This system ensures the ongoing financial sustainability of the Steering Committee. The tasks of the Finance Department include:
- Financial Planning;
- Financial Reporting.
In the Network Management Department the job is to manage all relations among the Steering Committee, Regional and Country Representatives and aid them in any way possible. This department has the following tasks:
- Monitoring the network of Representatives to spot problems as soon as possible, ideally before YPLD activities are affected;
- Supporting the recruitment of new Regional and Country Representatives in areas where YPLD is not or is under-represented;
- Supporting YPLD Representatives in creating Regional and National Management Teams for programmes and projects implementation.
To coordinate the fundraising efforts together with a team of dedicated assistants. The tasks of this department will include:
- Creating and implementing a fundraising strategy that would include both corporate and NGO donations and grant applications;
- Writing grant applications for specific call for tenders.
Projects & Programmes
This department is in charge of creating new projects and programmes according to an overall strategy approved by the YPLD Steering Committee. Its tasks include:
- Coordinating worldwide YPLD activities and monitoring them in order to ensure that the overall strategy is respected;
- Ensuring coordination among departments so that all resources are made available when needed for YPLD activities.
The members of this department will be responsible for organizing all events under the YPLD umbrella. These could include webinars, seminars, conferences, workshops or other short/long term events.
The Communications Department is responsible for promoting the YPLD brand both online and offline. It is responsible for creating promotional materials, personalized social media content, marketing campaigns and so on. It is also the responsibility of this department to promote in the best way possible all YPLD related activities.
For all 7 Departments, the Young Professionals in Local Development (YPLD) is searching for volunteer Heads of Department. We envisage that a Head of Department is a young professional, holding a Bachelor degree in a field of expertise relevant to the activity to be performed or showing a strong interest in the field of of activity to be carried out.
Experience in Students`/Youth organizations or other NGOs` is considered an advantage.
English at an advanced level is mandatory, other languages being considered an advantage.
Submit your CV and a short covering letter, explaining your motivation and suitability for the position, to email@example.com.
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Deadline for applications is July 15th 2012.
Should you have any further inquiry, do not hesitate to contact the YPLD team at firstname.lastname@example.org.