CTA Internship Opportunity: Science, Technology & Innovation, (ST&I) in the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme
Post graduate degree in agricultural science or other related science discipline with relevance to agriculture and food. Knowledge and skills in IT and ICM/ knowledge management will be an advantage. Fluent in written and spoken English or French and ability to work in the other language (compulsory). Nationals of either European Union member state or of one of the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of states.
Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator, Science and Technology (S&T) Policy in the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme, the intern shall provide services in support of ongoing project related activities. Special emphasis will be on supporting the follow-up of the 2012-2013 3rd African Wide Women and Young Professionals in Science Competitions, on-going projects on food security, postharvest knowledge systems, innovation systems and tertiary education, the Knowledge for Development website (http://knowledge.cta.int).
- Provide the appropriate technical and administrative support for Centre-wide activities undertaken by the Senior Programme Coordinator, S&T Policy, in relation to the preparation, implementation and follow-up of conferences, workshops, meetings, technical studies and related technical and synthesis reports.
- Provide research support on a range of S&T issues including food security and water, postharvest technology tertiary education and research funding.
- Follow-up semi-finalists and finalists of the 3rd Africa Wide Women and Young professionals in science competitions and delegates from other project related conferences, workshops, meetings, case studies and prepare summaries of related activities for tracking progress and impact and for publication on K4D websites.
- Promote growth and engagement of young ACP professionals in science, technology and innovation (ST&I) issues and monitor twitter, blogs and Facebook entries on Knowledge for Development Website http://knowledge.cta.int/ and other project related websites e.g. the Extension conference website.
Knowledge for development (K4D) Website
- Monitor and provide information on new scientific/research outputs and technological developments and other innovations and emerging policy issues linked to ST&I and value chain development including food safety, processing, post harvest handling across a range of commodities; determine relevance and prepare short summaries and blog postings and tweets for the K4D website;
- Assist in editing new material for publication on the K4D website and the production of the K4D monthly e-newsletter;
- Monitor and grow the young professionals community on K4D website;
- Monitor websites providing information on developments in science, technology and innovation for agricultural and rural development and identify important issues for bringing to the attention for K4D users.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copy of university degree(s)/ relevant certificates
- One-page letter explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
- Applicant should be less than 30 years of age
- Duration: Six (6) months renewable once
- Duty station: Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Accident and sickness insurance: provided for the duration of the internship
- Stipend: 800€ (holder of a Bachelor’s degree) to 1,000€ (holder of a Master’s degree).
- International travel from home country: not covered by CTA
Deadline for application: September 17, 2012
Read original post on this Link: Internship Opportunity: Science, Technology & Innovation, (ST&I) in the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme