Ideas for action competition 2017
Ideas for Action
Ideas for Action is a platform connecting young leaders all around the world who have valuable thoughts and ideas about the 2030 Development Agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals, and any other topic related to the future development of our world. We hope to engage young people to contribute their own voice to the conversation. Interactions happen virtually, over social media networks, and in person. Every year, Ideas for Action and its partners host events all around the world where you can meet people from your own region who are passionate about global development. To learn more, become part of our Global Classroom
The 3rd Ideas for Action Competition 2017!
Every year, Ideas for Action Competition invites students and young professionals from around the world to participate to design ideas for financing and implementing the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. Winners of the competition will present their ideas during the IMF & World Bank Annual Meetings, receive support from a dedicated startup accelerator at the Wharton School, and benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young leaders as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in international development, academia, and the private sector.
Your proposal should include the following:
- Title and team name
- Short abstract
- Explanation of the problem and context: Briefly describe the problem that your proposal is addressing.
- Your solution: Succinctly describe your idea (including design, target population, stakeholders, incentives, and implementation)
- Expected impact: Why is it relevant?
- Are there similar examples? If so, where and how?
- Challenges: What are challenges you might face and how can they be addressed?
- Deadline for full proposal submissions: February 28, 2017
- Announcement of submissions selected for the final round: March 21, 2017
- Deadline for final submissions: April 17, 2017
- Announcement of winners: May 31, 2017
- If you are from 14 to 18 years old, you can apply here.
- If you are young adults from 18 to 35 years old, you can apply here.
- Eligibility: Students and young professionals between the ages of 14-18 years and 18-35 years from around the world are invited participate.
- Team Registration: Teams must consist of two to six members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities etc. Please register your teams prior to submitting your proposal. You will then receive all relevant updates regarding the competition and our upcoming events.
Picture credit: Ideas for Action