Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA) is a civil society platform promoting equity-based, pro-poor, climate-resilient, low-carbon development paradigms and just response to climate change. Founded in 2008, PACJA’s has 1500 membership across 45 African countries drawn from diverse backgrounds - faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, non-governmental organizations, Academia, trusts, foundations, farmers and pastoralists’ groups among other sectors.
In pursuit of its mandate, the Alliance collaborates and encourages strategic partnerships with international partners, national governments, regional economic integration communities as well as individuals sharing its aspirations, to build an enduring African profile that assures the continent’s visibility in the international climate change dialogue and interventions. PACJA also works with other stakeholders to integrate climate change into national poverty reduction and sustainable Development strategies and plans.
The Advisor will mainly provide support in monitoring and evaluating of the UKAM Project in Kenya, funded by the UKAID through Trocaire. In addition, S/he will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of PACJA’s projects and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. S/he will also help PACJA in strengthening its M&E functions based on her experiences from the projects. M&E of the projects will be an
assessment as well as support function through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its management. S/he will play role in promoting key learnings for the improvement of the projects and for wider learning of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· To undertake regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations ;
· To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way ;
· To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data ;
· Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the programme team and partners ;
· Ensure implementation of field activities and adheres to PACJA’s monitoring and evaluation system ;
· Support partners in conducting baseline surveys and project progress evaluation reports
· Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit ;
· Support programme team in developing the annual and quarterly organisational reports ;
· Support programme team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required ;