Food and Agriculture Organizations of the United States (FAO) develops e- learning courses for professionals working in food and nutrition security, social and economic development and sustainable management of natural resources.
FAO provides learners with free access to content that can interest them and support them in their job. The courses cover a wealth of topics of global interest. They offer content for self-pace learning as well as materials for trainers and references to existing bibliography and online resources.
Topics of the courses
- Basic concepts of Nutrition, Food security and Livelihoods
- How to facilitate joint planning for nutrition across sectors
- What methodologies and indicators you can use for nutrition assessment
- How to improve availability, quality and use of food composition data
FAO works with a range of partners to ensure high-quality to our learning materials.
- A wide range of Subject Matter Experts from around the world are involved in the development, peer review and translation of content.
- Our Instructional Designers take care of the design of the courses, from the definition of learning objectives to the use of appropriate instructional strategies to make the content easy to understand and engaging for learners.
- The Courseware Developers develop and publish the courses by paying attention to the diverse needs of users. CD-Rom, online and downloadable versions of our courses are made available to match different technical settings.
Picture credit: Food and Agriculture Organizations of the United States