Will you be attending the UNFSS+2 Stocktake Moment (STM) in Rome, Italy taking place July 24-26th? Even if you won't be there in-person, join YPARD in at our side event co-led with Act4Food Act4Cahnge! We have fantastic speakers lined up to discuss impactful and inclusive youth contribution to accelerate food systems transformation. Learn more about our program here, and follow the STM webpage for streaming details.
The event co-organizers include:
- Bites of Transfoodmation
- World Food Forum
- EIT Food
- Irish Forum for International Agricultural Development (IFIAD)
- ProVeg International
- Real Food Systems
- The Government of Switzerland
- The Good Food-China Food Systems Action Hub
Background and objectives
This event, led by the youth involved in the UNFSS, will review the youth demands, including the CFS Policy Recommendations on promoting youth engagement and employment in agriculture and food systems for food security and nutrition, progress, and learnings on youth inclusion since the Food Systems Summit, especially that of youth in vulnerable situations and who don’t have access to these multilateral spaces. Additionally, this event will examine the current roadblocks and explore solutions for continuous youth inclusion both in the hub and in the implementation of national pathways.
- Understanding and support for the creation of a youth coalition.
- Identification of roadmap for youth inclusion in the national pathways.
- Increased connection and co-learning between youth leaders from the lead-up to UNFSS 2021 and current youth representatives to the UN Food Systems Coordination Hub.
- Establish a youth coalition, that may assist other coalitions and organizations to ensure mainstreaming youth engagement.
Moderator Sophie Healy-Thow, Co-founder, Act4Food
Opening remarks Lana Weidgenant Campaigns and Policy Manager, ProVeg International & Youth Vice-Chair from UNFSS 2021
Lina Mahy, Technical officer in the Food Systems Unit WHO Department of Nutrition and Food Safety
Azeez Salawu, Youth Representative of the Nigerian Government Delegation
Inaya Ezzeddine Lebanon National Convener, Chair of the Sustainable Development Authority House of Representatives
Closing Remarks Glindys Virginia Luciano Network Engagement Manager at Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD)
12:30 Introduction to goals and objectives
12:35 Opening remarks
12:45 Moderated Panel
13:15 Call of support
13:20 Conclusions & follow ups