The primary objective of the GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern is to assist the GLFx team in ensuring the GLFx platform is effectively working and serving the community, engaging members within the platform keeping it up to date and interactive, and supporting with communication in the platform both in English and French.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Provide general technical support in the management of the GLFx Platform
- Support in collating technical-related issues of the GLFx Platform and connect with the GLF digital team to follow up.
- Support in developing and sharing community engagement resources to GLFx Platform members and GLFx administrators
- Create content for and manage the GLFx Team Platform profile, Sharing community engagement resources, writing posts that foster interactivity, and answer any questions on the platformusing this profile
- Assist in developing feedback forms for the GLFx Platform
- Connect with the broader GLF team to ensure the platfrom can be used for engagement before, during and after events
- Engage the community on the platform both in English and French, and provide English-French/French-English translation support as needed.
- Support with any other platform members & general platform-related tasks as they rise.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated in a M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Communications or similar fields. Alternatively, graduated in a B.Sc. with 1 years’ experience (volunteer or not) in communications, engagement, content creation and digital communications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with creating original material and content for social media and running social media campaigns is an asset
- Experience with online engagement, capacity development, or event-management is an asset.
- Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Must be under the age of 35
Personal attributes and competencies
- Creative and passionate about changing the world
- Be self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- Be pro-active and autonomous
- Be able to find creative solutions
- Value attention to detail
- Be a team player with great interpersonal communications skills
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure.
- Based in CEST time zone is an asset.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time internship opportunity.
- CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that they comply with the local requirements for working at the location chosen for their home base, and that these terms and conditions are not against local labor laws and regulations.
- Period of the internship is expected to be September 2022 – February 2023.
- Work locations: home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar.
Deadline: 30 August
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.